Welcome to the Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce Website!
The Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce proudly supports over 550 businesses in the Wood Buffalo Region. The Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to promoting growth and economic development, advocating for sound public policy, and serving our members with outstanding programs and benefits.
Events & Updates:
Estimates of over $1 Million spent during 2019 Shop Local Passport Program
Winners announced: Passport Draw
- Approximately 12,000 passports were distributed between Nov. 12, and Dec. 24.
- Over 8,000 completed passports were collected for the draw on Jan. 7.
- Each completed passport = $100 in local spending.
- Based on completed passports, over $800,000 was spent in the community based on completed passports.
- However, we estimate over $1M spent in the community based on incomplete passports or passports that weren’t submitted before the deadline of January 6, 2020. This also factors in that a maximum of four complete passports could be submitted for one purchase (i.e., purchases over $400 would max out at four passports, including vendors of bigger ticket items).
- The 2018 program recorded a total spend of $445,000.
- 62 businesses participated in the 2019 program, more than twice as many businesses that participated in 2018.
- 24 businesses participated in the 2018 program.
- 1st Place = $1,000 McMurray Money
- 2nd Place = $500 McMurray Money
- 3rd Place = $250 McMurray Money
- Bonus Prize – Four Day Getaway to Laughlin Nevada (Courtesy of the Economic Development Corporation and Fort McMurray International Airport.
- The entire Peter Pond Mall is accepting McMurray Money, which is the prize for those whose passports were drawn for the contest.