FIVE (5) MAVERICK PARTY CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS
#1 MARKET ACCESS
Amendment Intent of this Amendment: To provide greater clarity to all provinces, the federal government, and the judiciary that a province has the right to bring its natural resources to market for the benefit of the province and its residents. This amendment will combine Section 92A(1)(a)-(b) of the Constitution Act, 1867 and rename Section 92A(1)(c) to Section 92A(1)(b). It will require the use of Section 38 of the Constitution Act, 1982 (the 7/50 procedure).
#2 PROVINCIAL RIGHTS
Amendment Intent of this Amendment: To guard against arbitrary intrusion by Ottawa into areas of provincial jurisdiction or interests without prior consent. This amendment will be inserted as a new Section 91A in the Constitution Act, 1867. It will require the use of Section 38 of the Constitution Act, 1982 (the 7/50 procedure). “Neither Parliament nor the federal government shall take any action in any area of provincial jurisdiction or joint federal-provincial jurisdiction, or affecting any provincial interest(s), without first securing the consent of the concerned province(s).”
#3 PROPERTY RIGHTS
Amendment Intent of this Amendment: To include the right to own property alongside the other fundamental individual rights protected by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. This amendment will rewrite Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It will require the use of Section 38 of the Constitution Act, 1982 (the 7/50 procedure).
#4 PROVINCIAL SELF-GOVERNANCE
Amendment Intent of this Amendment: To ensure that no federal government seeks to revive the now obsolete power of disallowance or reservation of provincial legislation. This amendment will repeal the federal powers of disallowance and reservation. These powers currently appear in Section 90 of the Constitution Act, 1867. This amendment will require the use of Section 41 (the unanimity procedure).
#5 FAIR REPRESENTATION
Amendment Intent of this Amendment: To improve democracy in Canada and to invite greater citizen input into Canadian self-government. This amendment would replace the appointed, unequal, ineffective and archaic upper chamber with a Triple-E Senate. It would simultaneously modernize the House of Commons by removing the constitutional requirement that no province shall have fewer members in the House of Commons than it has Senators. This parliamentary reform would ensure greater adherence to the principle of representation-by-population in the House of Commons (discounting the Territories) and curb the ever-growing number of Members of Parliament.
Motions and Bill Repeals:
• AB Legislature: Collaborate and Support The motion that: it be resolved that the Legislative Assembly urge the Government to take into consideration the views of the residents of Fort McMurray who are well served by a local, integrated model of emergency dispatch, and immediately take steps to reverse the decision to implement the centralization of the dispatch of emergency medical services.
• AB Legislature: Collaborate and Support The motion that the Provincial Northern Living Allowance be reinstated for Early childcare Educators IN Northern Alberta.
• Repeal C-48 The so-called tanker ban bill because it shuts down the possibility of shipping crude by pipeline from Alberta to a northern British Columbia port for export to overseas markets.
• Repeal C-69, The No More Pipelines Bill. that creates more red tape around efforts to bring Canadian oil to market, will repel energy investors and rob oil-rich regions like Fort McMurray and Cold Lake Alberta of the ability to capitalize on their resources.
• Remove s. 36(2) of the Constitution Act, 1982 ;For too long, Albertans have been forced to subsidize public services in other parts of the country where politicians have been trying to block our pipelines and impair our vital economic interests, even during times of great economic hardship for us
• Remove Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act (S.C. 2018, c. 12, s. 186) Federal Carbon tax must be removed, The Maverick Party advocates for market-based approaches to environmental protection, including reduction of GHG emissions.
• Repeal Bill C-21 as a whole 2019-gun law that banned the use, sale and importation of more than 1,500 makes and models of guns — targets sport shooters and hunters instead of the real criminals, who by definition don't bother respecting gun regulations. Maverick Party Members of Parliament will always defend the best interests of Western Canadians and only support legislation that benefits their constituents and the West.
• Carbon Tax
• Energy / Energy East Corridor.
• The end of the equalization formula
• Implementation of the 5 Maverick proposed constitutional amendments.
• Constitutional Change that gives provinces greater autonomy
Yes, it should be a priority however as a Western Canadian party Bloc, we are only interested in what is the best for western Canada and will vehemently oppose what is not best for western Canadians. That includes among many things, removing the Equalization Payments and Carbon Tax form the federal Coffers and the approval of an Energy East and West Corridor, Western Canada will pay its fair share but only when the playing field is leveled. By doing these things, economic growth would be spurred, and the result would be an increase in revenues. Also the importance of streamlining regulations would encourage businesses to grow and employ more people.
A benefit. It would equate to about $6000 per family of four in Alberta – annually. Additionally, it would increase the incentive for the province to seek and expand their own fiscal capacity, creating more economic development with the gains to provincial coffers. Based on recent years, this would equate to a $9 billion reduction in federal taxes for Albertans that would presumably be replaced with a $6 billion increase in provincial taxes. Health and social services are exclusively a provincial responsibility under the constitution and are administered independently and the equalization dollars would more than pay for programs covering provincial responsibilities like health and social services. As an example, the total contribution by Alberta to the Federal Government is the per capita amount of $11,738 multiplied by the population of 4,262, 642 which is $50.03 Billion. Compared to Alberta’s entire provincial budget of $48 Billion.
1. Trade corridors & interprovincial infrastructure
2. Modernizing the tax system (Equalization Payments/ Carbon Tax)
3. Financial support & programs for families
4. Supporting small business
5. Economic recovery & growth
6. Job Creation. (But we urgently need Workers in Fort McMurray Now to fill trades jobs.)
7. Environmental Protection
8. Business Competitiveness
9. Promoting and utilizing Canadian goods & services across the country
10. Attracting foreign investment
11. Foreign relations
Maverick believes in the Freedom for business owners and individuals to decide whether any type of medical intervention including lockdowns are right for them or their families; without political intervention or the risk of polarizing communities and pitting people against each other.
Freedom to CHOOSE. Whether a vaccine, passport or any medical intervention is right for you and your family; without political intervention or the risk of polarizing communities and pitting people against each other.
The Maverick Party will collaborate and advocate for the reinstatement of the Provincial Northern living Allowance and a more robust Federal Northern Living Allowance for Western Canada.
And the examination of the existing childcare provisions with the goal of supporting families with children through tax benefits or direct financial compensation, thereby allowing families to make the best choices regarding childcare for their families.
Maverick would play a greater leadership role in building a stable childcare system.
Boost funding significantly by increasing Western Canada’s ELCC budget by $500 Million each year over the next 10 years to meet international benchmarks and reach the goal of affordable, high-quality, inclusive childcare across Western Canada.
Advocate ELCC agreements with the Western provinces and territories that demand action on these fronts simultaneously:
• An Expanded federal Northern living allowance program that provides sufficient living security for our ECE Workers.
• Renewed ECE accreditation and certification Funding thru Keyano and Lakeland Colleges
• planned expansion through public/non-profit services.
• making childcare affordable through operational funding and set fees.
• Improve childcare sector wages.
• Continue to work with Indigenous leaders and communities to operationalize, implement and expand on the Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Framework to realize the goals and aspirations of the Indigenous Peoples
This is the most important question in my opinion you need to ask yourselves.
Just take a minute to Look at the current Incumbent Federal Party candidate and their Record for supporting your voice in the Alberta Legislature on important issues like the Northern Living allowance for childcare and the centralization of our local EMS Services.
Do you want your voice heard or not in Ottawa?
Because There is no other Party on the Ballot besides the Maverick Party that can assure you that your voice from Fort McMurray Cold Lake will be heard in Parliament.
This is a Party of Fiscal conservatives abandoned by the Conservative Party of Canada.
A party whose leader will always be from the West. Whose candidates will ONLY be from the west.
The Maverick party will not need a party Whip in Ottawa because Maverick MPs will take issues on a case-by-case basis to benefit western Canada. They will only support legislation that benefits their constituency and the west without compromise or any attempt to appease voters in Central and Eastern Canada.
We want to represent western Canada, the way the Bloc Quebecois represents Quebec.
The Maverick Party runs no candidates in eastern provinces, so that allows us to focus exclusively on western issues.
The East is addicted to our money, but we don’t get any support from them on any of our issues.
How refreshing would it be to have a group of members of Parliament from Western Canada that weren't muzzled or silenced on issues of importance to the West?
For the first time in Canadian history, you have an opportunity to vote conservative values, Western Traditions, Western ideals into Ottawa and not be beholden to Eastern interests.
Providing adequate resources to enable Aboriginal communities and child-welfare organizations to keep Aboriginal families together where it is safe to do so, and to keep children in culturally appropriate environments, regardless of where they reside.
Fully implement Jordan’s Principle.
Draft new Aboriginal education legislation with the full participation and informed consent of Aboriginal peoples. The new legislation would include a commitment to sufficient funding and would incorporate the following principles: Providing sufficient funding to close identified educational achievement gaps within one generation. ii. Improving education attainment levels and success rates. iii. Developing culturally appropriate curricula. iv. Protecting the right to Aboriginal languages, including the teaching of Aboriginal languages as credit courses. v. Enabling parental and community responsibility, control, and accountability, similar to what parents enjoy in public school systems.
Enact an Aboriginal Languages Act that incorporates the following principles: Aboriginal languages are a fundamental and valued element of Canadian culture and society, and there is an urgency to preserve them. The preservation, revitalization, and strengthening of Aboriginal languages and cultures are best managed by Aboriginal people and communities. Funding for Aboriginal language initiatives must reflect the diversity of Aboriginal languages.
Implement the health-care rights of Aboriginal people as identified in international law, constitutional law, and under the Treaties.
Provide sustainable funding for existing and new Aboriginal healing centers to address the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual harms caused by residential schools, and to ensure that the funding of healing centers in the Northwest Territories is a priority.
The Maverick Party supports meeting with Indigenous peoples that have conveyed progressive agendas and the need for change regarding the Indian Act. We look forward to developing an open dialogue with all Chiefs (Hereditary, Traditional and Elected), Leaders and their councils, regarding a New Deal for the indigenous people of western Canada.
The Maverick Party supports the speedy resolution of Treaty Land Entitlements and Specific Land Entitlement claims.
The Maverick Party supports the accountable and timely resolution of the clean drinking water and safe housing challenges on reserves.
The Maverick Party will advocate that all remuneration and benefits conveyed to indigenous leadership be subject to the same transparency and public scrutiny as all non-indigenous representatives at the municipal, provincial, or federal levels of government
The Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce hosts several events throughout the year. Click here for pictures of our Business and Community Awards Reception, our Duffet n' Divot Golf Tournament, our monthly Networking Luncheons and our Small Business Week Celebrations.