Seeking an experienced Class 1 driver (standard transmission) with a minimum of 3 years driving experience hauling flatdecks, stepdecks, stepdeck with ramps, double drop, and dry vans trailers. You will transport, deliver and retrieve various construction and heavy equipment from and for customers and support the needs of the company in a professional, safe and timely manner.
This is an hourly position operating out of Fort McMurray, AB and may be both local and out of town work.
- Excellent load securement practices when securing equipment by means of chaining, strapping, and blocking. Knowledge of load securement must be evident for all types of equipment;
- Observe safety rules and regulations at customer job sites and facilities;
- Completion of daily pre and post trips on vehicles;
- Completes all required paperwork legibly and accurately and submits them to the supervisor in a timely fashion;
- Weekly maintenance of trucks and trailers, including but not limited to greasing of equipment;
- Must keep equipment clean and tidy; and working with other team members to keep yard and office tidy and clean
Must be a:
- Self-starter with the ability to be flexible in daily routine to respond to customer demands;
- Good communicator with above average problem-solving skills;
- Clean 3-year commercial driving record; 10-year abstract must be provided;
- Safety orientated with a clean record of insurance claims with previous employers (require letter confirmation);
- Resident of Fort McMurray, Alberta or the willingness to relocate;
- Great team work ethic and a willingness to be flexible in work schedules; and
- Promote professionalism and excellent customer service attitude when interacting with customers, coworkers and service providers.
Required tickets, or willingness to obtain once hired:
Load Securement Certificate
CSTS and OSSA Certifications
Forklift / telehandler ticket
Elevated Work Platform ticket and Fall Arrest
Skid steer / mini excavator ticket
Transportation of Dangerous Goods certificate
Standard First Aid
Salary offered will reflect the skills and experience presented by the applicant.
We thank all candidates who apply however only those with noted credentials will be contacted for an interview.