- Diploma or Degree in police studies/investigations or related area of discipline.
- 7 or more years of recent or related experience in Security or Law Enforcement is desirable, including a minimum 4 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Working Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and Workers Compensation Board regulations, Criminal Code of Canada, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Security Services and Investigators Act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in computer usage and general office equipment.
- Ability to inspect work for conformance to work plans, and established standards to supervise the work of others including contractors.
- Experience managing contract staff.
Keyano College is seeking an experienced individual to manage Security Services. Reporting to the Director of Facilities the manager will provide support on the allocation and use of security resources.
This position includes responsibility for managing contract documentation including preparing tenders for new contract calls and verification of monthly invoices.
The Manager is responsible for:
- Budget control for the department.
- Working with the contract provider to ensure that security personal are meeting the terms of the contract and providing the appropriate level of service to the College community.
- Work with the provider to ensure adequate staffing levels and manage the day to day operations of the security team.
- Daily review of previous shifts incidents,
- Investigation and follows up with required incidents
- Preparation of electronic records, file management, charting, tracking, and reporting of incident frequency.
- Management of paid parking areas, servicing parking dispensers and meters, collecting revenues, parking tickets management.
**Please note that this is a Term position ending on or before January 31, 2023.
Compensation is competitive and includes a comprehensive health and benefits package.