Are you tired of wasting time and resources submitting proposals and bids that don’t win you the contract? Do you find procurement processes daunting or difficult to understand?
In this one-day course, we’ll review the critical court decisions that have shaped legal obligations for those responding to an RFP or tender process as well as the obligations of the purchasing organization. We will look at why it is important to get involved in prequalification and how you can use debriefings to help you improve your next proposal or bid.
You will learn how to strategically assess procurement opportunities, develop a go/no-go process for deciding which contracts to bid on, and review the key elements of preparing a winning response. This course will alert you to the most common errors that bidders make, and what the purchasers are really looking for during the evaluation process.
We will also review the remedies that are available to you if you feel you haven’t been treated fairly during an RFP or tender process, and explore both the legal and practical implications of challenging the contract award decision.
• Discuss factors to consider when deciding which contract opportunities to bid on
• Identify the defining characteristics of each competitive contracting method
• Practice pinpointing what information and format to use when preparing your proposals
• Develop approaches to avoid errors in bids and proposals
• Practice preparing proposal response sections based on stated evaluation criteria
• Discuss how prequalification processes and debriefing can be valuable to you
• Recognize the key laws, duties and obligations that surround competitive contracting processes
• Review the options available to challenge a competitive process
• Identify common errors in bids and proposals and how to avoid these slip-ups
• Identify options available to challenge a procurement process decision
Presented by National Education Consulting Inc. (NECI)
Since 1991 NECI has been helping organizations realize maximum value through their procurement and contracting activities. Incorporating the latest developments in adult education and curriculum design, our online, classroom and blended learning options capture the latest legal, practical and business developments to empower procurement professionals to improve contract outcomes.
SPACE IS LIMITED, priority will be given to business currently in operation and actively preparing bids and proposals. Wood Buffalo Economic Development is able to offer these programs FREE of charge due to the generous support of the Canadian Red Cross and donations they received from the 2016 Horse River Wild Fire. If for some reason you are unable to attend the event we would appreciate that you cancel your ticket with Eventbrite with as much advance notice as possible.